Friday, March 30, 2007

Thoughtworks is hiring

I work for Thoughtworks, a global IT consulting firm with offices in six countries (US, Canada, UK, Australia, India, China). We hire very good people to work on interesting/difficult problems.

We're hiring.

Most of our development is in Java, Ruby, and C# (with Ruby becoming more and more a staple of our most interesting gigs). We're looking for developers, testers, project managers, client principals, and probably sales folks.

Pluses of Thoughtworks:
- You'll probably not find a more competent/smart group of people in any other consulting company.
- We deliver working software using Agile software development approaches (pairing, TDD, etc.)
- Lots of travel (if you're single and want to see the world, we encourage travel to different countries)
- Amazing level of transparency in corporate activities and a flat organization.

Minuses:
- Lots of travel

If you would like more information, see www.thoughtworks.com, or respond in this blog with your email address and I will be happy to provide more insight.

5 comments:

Sonny Gill said...

Hi Adrian,

Does Thoughtworks hire programmers without a formal CS degree?

I have always been interested in Thoughtworks, but not having a CS degree is the main thing that keeps me from applying.

I would be grateful if you can take a look at my resume, and give me some idea if I stand a chance.
My resume can be downloaded from http://sonnygill.wordpress.com/resume/

Thanks in advance.

- Sonny

Adrian said...

Hey Sonny.... a college degree is certainly not required. I looked over your resume and it looks good. We have a rigorous hiring process though - including tests, coding problems, etc. You've got nothing to lose, and a great job to gain....

Sonny Gill said...

Hi Adrian,

I appreciate your taking time out to go through my resume.

I sent my resume to TW last month. The coding exercise and technical interview are already done..fingers crossed for now :)

Thanks again.

code_magik said...

Hi Adrian,

I'm currently based in Singapore and I would like to apply for a position in Thoughtworks.

You can look at my resume at
http://francisabolaresume.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Francis Abola

KARUN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.